Brain Cancer and its Causes
Brain cancer is a disease of the brain in which malignant cancerous cells arise in the brain tissues. These cells grow to form a mass of cancerous tumors that causes disturbances to brain functions such as muscle control, feelings, memory, and other normal body functions. Tumors which comprise of cancer cells are called malignant tumors and are composed mainly of noncancerous cells called a benign tumor. Cancerous cells that develop from developing from brain tissue are called primary brain tumors. Statistics have shown that brain cancer occurs very less around the globe around 1.4 percent of all new cancer patients per year.
Types of brain cancer-
1. Acoustic neuroma
3. Brain metastases
4. Choroid plexus carcinoma
6. Embryonal tumors
13. Pediatric brain tumors
15. Pituitary tumors
Signs related to brain cancer-
1. New changes in the pattern of headaches.
2. Headaches that occur more frequently and become more severe.
3. Sudden nausea or vomiting may occur.
4. Problems in vision such as blurred sight or double sight or loss of peripheral vision.
5. The progressive loss of feeling or paralysis in an arm or leg.
6. Difficulty in balancing the body.
7. Difficulty in remembering events or speaking something.
8. Confusion in daily matters.
9. Changes in behavior or personality.
10. Seizures in people especially those who don’t have any history of seizures.
11. Problems in hearing.
12. Single or multiple muscle twitches, jerks or spasms.
13. Loss of control of body functions such as loss of bladder control.
14. Problems in sleeping or restlessness.
Causes of brain cancer-
Primary brain tumors occur in the brain itself or in the tissues close to it such as membranes covering or close to the brain, cranial nerves, pituitary gland.
Primary brain tumors occur when normal cells acquire mutations in their DNA. These mutations allow cells to grow and divide at normal rates and to continue living when the healthy cells die. This results in a mass of abnormal cells which is called a tumor. However other than these reports have seen that consuming alcohol not only damages the liver but also contributes to brain cancer development.
Also using headphones or earphones for a daily basis for long periods of time can cause brain tumor as the sound waves released are radio frequency which can tamper with the brain waves or functioning of the brain.
A recent study has shown that getting x-rays is the most common factor for brain cancer. Dental x-rays can also cause brain cancer. Dental x-rays done especially in or during childhood can contribute largely to the growth of brain cancer.